Digital India is a campaign launched by the Government of India and Before the concept of Digital India, You must know about India and Indian market. India is the second most populated country in the world and the population stood at 1,326,801,576. And India is expected to become the first political entity in history and It is shocking to India has more than 50% of its population below the age of 35.
Literacy plays a major role in economic development of a nation. Although India has raised its current Literacy of 75%(2016) and compared with other nations, Republic of India has largest illiterate population. The government of India has taken several measures to improve the literacy rate in villages and towns of India.
If we talking about Internet User India behalf of the population, The number of web user in India will see a two-fold rise at 730 million by 2020.
India is second Largest after China will remain the fastest-growing market. According to “The future of the internet in India”, 75% of new internet users in India will come from rural areas.
The prime Minister Narendra Modi has been taken several initiatives for Education, Labour, and Employment, commerce etc. The best initiative is Digital India. This program has been envisaged and coordinated by Department of Electronics and Information Technology in collaboration with various Central ministries/Department and state Governments.
What is Digital India?
Now, I would like to start in depth. Digital India is a campaign launched by the government of India. An investment of up to Rs 1 lakh crore by the government over the next 3-4 years. Digital India is more for poor and underprivileged. And some vision behalf of Digital India are like as, Every Indian will have a smartphone by 2019, Monitored by a committee which will be headed by the Prime minister Shri Narendra Modi, Eliminate Electronics imports by 2020 and make India an Electronics Manufacturing super power, and The national optical fibre network (NOFN) is expected to be the Backbone of entire project.
Digital India based on some Key ideas-
- Creation of Digital Infrastructure and Electronic manufacturing India.
- delivery of all government services Electronically(e-Governance).
- Digital Empowerment of India Citizens.
- To prepare India for a knowledge future.
Tools for Digital India-
- A digital Identity which will authenticate the end user.
- A bank accounts for direct Benefit Transfer of subsidies and payments.
- A mobile phone for universal access to all services.
Projects You Should Know About Under the Digital India Initiative
- Digital Locker System
- My gov.in
- Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) mobile App
- Online Registration system(ORS)
- National Scholarship portal
- Digital India Platform (DIP)
- Next Generation Network (NGN)
- Broadband Highways
Well, you may understand the whole concept of Digital India. India has drastic change over the internet and Day by day, People from India are connecting through the internet. That is great new for Digital marketers Because of the large internet audience. If everyone has online then digital marketers could make Campaign.
- Marketers could make digital Campaign for online payment Companies
- Marketers could make Digital marketing Campaign for E-learning Institutions
- Marketers could make Digital marketing Campaign for Banks